This class has introduced me to some cool new tools such as Animoto. It has also given me an opportunity to use some tools I have not had a chance to play with before. I have learned about ways to incorporate technology into a classroom environment and how to use them in lessons. I look forward to working with classroom teachers and showing them the tools that are available as well as how to use them with their students.
Once I have finished my classes at UNT, I plan to continue exploring new and existing tools on the Internet. There is a wealth of innovative ideas out there just waiting to be used. I hope that by subscribing to list-servs for school media specialists and other library professionals in addition to the technology ones I already subscribe to, I will be able to stay abreast of the latest technologies and how to bring them into the classroom.
In terms of specific plans, I definitely intend to work closely with the school faculty to assess their technology and classroom needs to that I can find new ways for them to bring technology in the classroom. Once I am working in the schools, I hope to reach out to students via social networking and blogs and encourage reading by giving them a sense of ownership in the library. I plan to educate both students and the faculty in information seeking skills, information evaluation, and proper ways to use research. . I really enjoyed making the book trailers for my final project and would love to see a similar project implemented with middle or high school students as a way to promote literacy.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment