Monday, June 7, 2010

Blog 1: Individual Technology Assessment

Before attending library school, I worked in the technology field as a web programmer. Although I no longer program, I continue to stay current with the latest technologies through various industry media. I am extremely comfortable with computer software and hardware as well as various A/V equipment and enjoy experimenting with the latest technologies. I believe that my background and my ability to adapt to new technologies is my greatest strength as a librarian and as an educator. I plan to use them by taking every opportunity available to explore new ideas and create ways to incorporate them into the school and classrooms. I also plan to be readily available to assist and educate teachers with these technologies.

My weakness is my lack of experience working in the school systems. I plan to address this through library media specialist classes, classroom observations, and student teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment